Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Mali
Deputy Chief of Party – Mali
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the Mali Global Food Security Strategy activity. This activity is anticipated to focus on underlying constraints that are preventing the effective development of agricultural sector in the Malian context. The activity will contribute to the program with a more diverse suite of interventions enabling partners to better respond to the integrated nature of agricultural production and markets in Mali, where the majority of households have diversified farming operations including multiple crops and livestock breeds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work closely with the Chief of Party in providing technical oversight and management of the program, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction, ensuring that project activities are of high quality and adhere to USAID technical guidance and global best practices. The DCOP will support coordination and management of the country team, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results.
- 10+ years’ experience in senior management of development programs of similar or greater scope and complexity;
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject or a Bachelors degree with an additional four years (making 10 years) of relevant technical work experience;
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and supervision skills managing multicultural and high-performing teams;
- Proven ability to establish close, trusting relationships with implementing partners, host government officials, and other donors;
- Significant relevant technical experience, preferably in comparable settings;
- Strong written and spoken French and English skills required.
Mali nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.