Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Mali
Deputy Chief of Party – Mali
CNFA is currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the upcoming USAID-Funded Mali Cereal Value Chain (CVC+) Activity. This will be a follow-on to the current $24.9 Million Activity which promotes inclusive agricultural sector growth through increased value chain integration and competitiveness in sorghum, millet, and rice, leading to broad-based economic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as principal point of contact in Mali for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon;
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results;
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing agribusiness, market system development, and/or value chain development projects in Africa is required;
- Demonstrated professional success in the areas of agribusiness, industrial agriculture, and/or building coalitions of agricultural companies is required;
- Expertise in at least one relevant area, including economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, agricultural investment, and/or a related field, is required;
- International donor experience is required, USAID experience is preferred;
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English and French are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.