Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Nigeria
Deputy Chief of Party – Nigeria
CNFA is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party on the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. The position will be based in Nigeria.The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party to provide technical oversight and management, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction. She/He will ensure that project activities are high-quality, adhere to USAID technical guidance, and align with global best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for supporting the following anticipated objectives: (1) Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector, (2) Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and (3) Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience is required;
- Master’s degree, or higher, in economics, business administration, public administration, agriculture, or a related field is required,
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of implementing activities focused on agricultural development is required;
- Technical familiarity in agricultural finance regulations, agricultural finance services, and capacity building for agribusinesses, including technical expertise in at least one of these areas, is required;
- Experience effectively backstopping and reinforcing long- and short-term specialists, ensuring efficiency in project and grantee activities, maintaining rigorous focus on project indicators, results, and the management of monitoring and reporting is required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.