Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Senegal
Deputy Chief of Party – Senegal Agricultural Value Chain Services
The Deputy Chief of Party (Value Chain Advisor Expert) must serve as a technical expert in value chain services. In addition, the DCOP will oversee the administrative functions to ensure the project meets its contractual obligations to deliver value chain services according to USAID regulations, and report results across the program to USAID and other stakeholders. The DCOP must have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum a Master’s degree;
- At least 5 years of regional/international experience, preferably with donor funded programs, in the West Africa region, in small and medium agribusiness development, supply chain logistics, value chain competitiveness, organizational and institutional development or contract farming;
- Strong proficiency with the success in implementing programs aimed at increasing the competitiveness, commercialization, and inclusiveness of value chains;
- General understanding of the latest developments for advancing best practices in value chain development (i.e., USAID’s value chain and facilitation approach) that reaches women, or undeserved communities living in low or middle economies;
- Demonstrated experience managing complex private sector development programs with extensive local capacity building components;
- Possesses the required oral, written communication, and presentations skills in French (equivalent to R4/S4) and English (equivalent to R2/S2).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.