Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zambia
Deputy Chief of Party – Zambia
CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates for Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID-funded Rural Agricultural Enterprise Development Activity in Zambia. The activity is anticipated to facilitate access to finance for rural Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), address financial service providers’ barriers to lending to SMEs, and address barriers that limit agricultural enterprises’ ability to seek and qualify for loans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as principal point of contact in Zambia for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon;
- Ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results;
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing agricultural development activities, with a focus on access to finance;
- Possess a combination of technical familiarity and management skills that spans the subject areas covered by the Activity; and
- Effectively backstop and reinforce the other long-and short-term specialists.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.