Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Liberia
Deputy Chief of Party
The Feed the Future Liberia Agribusiness Development Activity is designed to provide broad support to agricultural development and food security initiatives at the community and national levels in Liberia. The Activity supports forging innovative partnerships with the private sector to leverage new resources and maximize impact in support of its development efforts. The goal of the Activity is to expand access and use of agricultural inputs, and post-harvest handling, processing, packaging and marketing services, broadly applicable to raising incomes for Liberian small-holder farmers (SHF).
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) supports the Chief of party (COP) in the overall administration and financial management of the program including management of personnel, reporting, budgeting and procurement. In the absence of the COP, on a temporary basis, the DCOP assumes responsibilities for coordinating award management and implementation tasks.
- In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume full responsibility for the program;
- The DCOP will work with the COP to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives, directly facilitate technical capacity building, and support coordination with local government and other key partners;
- The DCOP will direct and supervise senior program staff and consultants;
- Support the COP by providing oversight for operational and service delivery aspects of the program;
- Lead on management of sub granting component of the program—identifying, managing, and mobilizing local partners to provide high-quality services;
- Develop, review, and revise work plans; track progress against work plans;
- Promote coordination and support implementation of all key program activities, with emphasis on ensuring high-quality program implementation at household and community level;
- Oversee monitoring visits to program sites, analyze and provide feedback to COP, stakeholders and program partners;
- Liaise with Government of Liberia officials at national, provincial and district levels, and local communities;
- Coordinate and liaise with other key external stakeholders, including other USAID implementing partners;
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional program reports that meet donor requirements;
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of program activities;
- Work with program staff to develop materials to promote the project and disseminate key project results in consultation with COP; and
- Undertake other assignments or tasks as assigned by the COP.
- 8+ years of experience in managing donor-funded agricultural development projects is required. Specialization in finance and operations is preferred;
- West Africa experience is required;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage complex development projects with policy elements;
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects and managing gender/youth activities strongly preferred;
- Experience using accounting programs such as Costpoint and Quickbooks preferred;
- Master’s degree in related field is required;
- Fluency in English is required.