Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Director of Business Development and Investment Services – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- 10+ years of experience leading business development and/or investment promotion activities is required;
- Firm-level capacity-building of investment institutions and/or businesses is preferred;
- Experience working with private investors, including angel investors, private equity firms, and venture capital firms, is preferred;
- Experience working with investment promotion or entrepreneurship support agencies in Rwanda is preferred;
- Demonstrated success improving lenders’ ability to assess risks/returns of new investments is a distinct asset;
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred, regional experience also an asset;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.