Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Director of Finance and Administration – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity in Burkina Faso. The anticipated project will be a five-year project to improve and sustain food and nutrition security in the Centre Nord region of Burkina Faso through addressing the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide sound financial and administrative oversight to the project
- Supervise finance and administrative teams, including accounting, procurement, and other admin functions, as assigned
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports in coordination with senior project staff
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with all USAID/Food for Peace and CNFA policies and procedures
- Create, maintain, and implement financial reporting, tracking systems and controlling procedures
- Oversee processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 8 years of working experience including managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects required
- At least 5 years managing and supervising financial, administration and procurement staff required
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and a good knowledge of Federal and USAID/FFP Regulations required
- Fluency in English and French required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.