Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Niger & Burkina Faso
Director of Finance and Operations
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for its Finance and Operations Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Resilience and Economic Growth in the Sahel – Accelerated Growth (REGIS-AG). The overarching goal of REGIS-AG is to increase the incomes of vulnerable households through the transformation of selected, high-potential value chains. Specifically, REGIS-AG will improve the overall performance and inclusiveness of three product value chains (cowpea, small ruminants, and poultry) and hence increase resilience in the agro-pastoral and marginal agriculture zones of Burkina Faso and Niger.
The DFO is responsible for making operational decisions, managing the project administration, managing logistics, and ensuring adherence to USAID and CNFA rules, regulations and procedures. The DFO also provides financial oversight and develops and implements financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in accordance with CNFA financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Additionally, the DFO ensures subcontractors and sub-grantees are able to deliver services on schedule and also strengthens and builds upon established productive working relationships with government officials and implementing partners. The position is based in Niamey, Niger with oversight of and frequent travels to other REGIS-AG regional offices in Niger and Burkina Faso.
Specifically, the main duties of the DFO include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth implementation of all project financial and administrative activities, including: timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections, submission of monthly financial reports to CNFA HQ;
- Develop implement financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in accordance CNFA’s financial policies,
- procedures, rules and regulations;
- Oversee financial and administrative functions of the execution of subcontracts for all local implementing partners;
- Maintain necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with USAID and CNFA guidelines;
- Ensure that staff contracts and profiles (other than those managed directly by CNFA’s Washington DC Office), are in place and appropriately monitored and updated;
- Manage all personnel records in a confidential manner;
- Oversee the project budget, payroll, and day-to-day operations;
- Manage and supervise program, administrative, logistics and finance staff members; and
- Undertake other assignments or tasks at the request of the COP.
- Minimum 10 years of financial management and administration experience for an international development project;
- Previous Sahel experience preferred;
- Experience in professional accounting and/or auditing, including at least 3 years work experience with international donor reporting;
- At least 3 years of experience managing sub-grants and sub-contracts, and demonstrated knowledge of applicable regulations related to the oversight of such instruments;
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- with an additional 7 years’ experience in areas such as accounting finance or business administration and applied skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced proficiency in Excel required (Lookups, Pivot Table level);
- Demonstrated advanced ICT skills required;
- Oral and written communication and presentations skills in French (tested FSI R3/S3) and English required.
This is an active recruit. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.