Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Pakistan
About the Project:
PATTA is a 4-year USAID funded project that will bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan. PATTA is partnering with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services with the potential to increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers while mobilizing private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA partnerships will provide smallholder farmers with broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
Working under the direct supervision of the program’s Safety, Security and Logistics Manager, the Driver is responsible for providing logistical and transportation support to the project; providing safe transportation for PATTA staff and ensure proper vehicles use and maintenance. Drivers work with the logistical and administrative staff to ensure transportation is available, suitable for desired uses, clean and safe.
Karachi & Peshawar, Pakistan with frequent travels to various project locations.
No. of Positions: 02
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport PATTA program staff and/or complete project related tasks using project vehicles in compliance with local laws and regulations pertaining to vehicle use in country of operation;
- Liaise with the logistics point of contact for PATTA to coordinate vehicle scheduling;
- Drive project vehicle carefully at all times and ensure safety of passengers, other road users, and assigned vehicle;
- Ensure all project staff follows PATTA rules on vehicle use while in charge of vehicle (wearing seatbelt, not transporting non-PATTA related persons, etc.);
- Maintain an accurate vehicle logbook by recording all trips, and indicating whether official or personal according to trip schedule given by the Safety, Security and Logistics Manager;
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, performs minor repairs, ensure that the vehicle is clean and the handling of periodic services according to mileage;
- To ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and ensure that project vehicle is in good condition before use;
- To carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance and report maintenance need timely;
- Logs daily mileage, gas consumption, oil consumption, greasing, etc;
- Ensure that necessary steps required by rules and regulations in case of incidents;
- Ensure all vehicle reports are completed on a monthly basis and submit regularly; and
- Other task assigned by Safety, Security and Logistics Manager, the Deputy Chief of Party of Chief of Party
- Minimum of Secondary school education is preferred;
- Must have 3rd grade driving license and Certificate from Pakistan competitive authority;
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in driving 4WD vehicles;
- NGO experience specially USAID projects experience will be an added advantage;
- Good inter-personal, communication (English and Urdu-written and spoken) preferred. Understanding of the local dialect will be an added advantage;
- Basic motor vehicle mechanics a must; and possession of certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantage;
- Basic knowledge and skill in minor vehicle repair; and
- Good verbal communication in the English language.
Interested candidates should submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2019. Kindly clearly mention position title with preferred location “Driver” in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.