Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Employment / Workforce Development Specialist – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in SME workforce development is required, private sector work is preferred;
- Experience with firm-level capacity building preferred;
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience working with business service providers is an asset;
- Experience designing and implementing internship and apprenticeship programs is an asset;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred, regional experience is also an asset;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset.
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.