Team: Internships | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Finance & Accounting Internship
Summer Term: June 3, 2019 – August 30, 2019. Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $13.25 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Finance, with a dotted-line reporting structure to the Internship Program Coordinator, the Finance & Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Internship Program Coordinator in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records;
- Prepare financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents;
- Work with bookkeeping/accounting software;
- Handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity;
- Learn how to work as part of the Finance & Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the organization;
- Assist the Operations and Compliance staff with tasks such as filing, scanning, shredding and other miscellaneous jobs; and
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Data entry, accounting and office administration background;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Major in Business, Economics, Accounting or related field; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. Position is not eligible for U.S. work sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.