Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Finance and Investment Officer – Rwanda
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Finance and Investment Officer position for an anticipated USAID-funded Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. The purpose of this Activity is to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Finance and Investment Officer will coordinate with the Grants Manager to promote investment and facilitate market linkages with the private sector. The following Finance and Investment Officer characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Five (5) years of experience in international development, agribusiness, agricultural development or similar required.
- Master’s degree in economic development, agribusiness, or a related field preferred;
- Experience working with donor-funded development projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience working with and advising smallholder farmers and vendors on finance and investment, preferably within the East African Region;
- Experience in Rwanda or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is preferred.