Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Finance and Operations Director – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Director to support its Development Food Security Activity in Malawi proposal. The position will be based in Malawi. The Finance and Operations Director will support financial and administrative oversight to the anticipated five-year Food for Peace project to improve and sustain food and nutrition security in Malawi. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 15 years of experience in Malawi agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound financial and administrative oversight to the project;
- Supervise finance and administrative teams, including accounting, procurement, and other administrative functions, as assigned;
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports in coordination with senior project staff;
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with all USAID/Food for Peace and CNFA policies and procedures;
- Create, maintain, and implement financial reporting, tracking systems, and controlling procedures;
- Oversee processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of working experience including managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects required;
- At least five (5) years managing and supervising financial, administration and procurement staff required;
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and a good knowledge of Federal and USAID/FFP Regulations required;
- Fluency in English required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.