Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Finance and Operations Manager-Kenya LWA
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Finance and Operations Manager.
- 5+ years of experience in the day-to-day management of financial and operations processes, including monitoring internal accounting, maintaining personnel records, monitoring and processing payments, and coordinating travel logistics is required;
- 5+ years of experience working on donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in managing the personnel recruitment cycle, employee handbooks, personnel files, and strengthening moral of employees is required;
- Familiarity with USAID operations rules and regulations is a plus;
- Experience in the management of office inventories, including vehicle inventories and an assets log, is required;
- Experience facilitating visa and other related paperwork requirements for long- and short-term staff is required;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.