Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Finance and Operations Manager – Rwanda
CNFA is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Manager to support an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Kigali, Rwanda. The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will support the sustainable increase in availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Activity will strengthen and develop a private-sector led animal source food value chain and increase demand for animal source foods through nutrition and behavior change communications.
CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 30 years of successful project design and implementation in the Hinga Weze Activity in Rwanda and livestock and nutrition activities in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, and Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Operations Manager will support the day-to-day management of financial and operational processes, including accounts management, financial reporting, grants management, and budget forecasting.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the financial and operations processes of donor funded projects with progressively increasing levels of responsibilities, is required;
- At least five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrated capacity to implement and enforce USAID rules and regulations is required;
- Experience in the application of a competitive procurement processes, especially regarding consultants and service providers, is required;
- Experience managing grants, or providing administrative oversight of grants, is required;
- Personal qualities of integrity, collaboration, and work ethic are required;
- Experience building the capacity of staff in a broad range of areas related to finance and operations is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with Rwanda’s agribusiness, finance, and investment sector is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.