Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Global
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
CNFA is seeking applications for USAID/Zimbabwe’s Food for Peace Amalima Program. The Amalima program has the following strategic objectives: (1) improve household access to, and availability of, food (2) improve community resilience to shocks and (3) improve the nutrition and health of pregnant and lactating women, boys and girls under two. The Finance Intern will report to the Finance Manager to support these strategic objectives. She/ He will work with and learn all aspects of Finance including but not limited to: cashiering, reconciliations, weekly and monthly cash counts, payment requests and disbursement of funds, implementing all finance policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates should send their detailed CVs and cover letters to:
Amalima.firstname.lastname@example.org and write the title of the position they are applying for in the subject line by 7th July 2017.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems;
- Ensure compliance with CNFA procedures and guidelines;
- Assist in reviewing all payment request and disbursement of funds, ensure proper coding and obtain approval/authority signatures and maintain complete files on all vendors and payments;
- Cashiering, which includes disbursement of payment;
- Maintain cash and bank spreadsheets for the field office;
- Liaison with programs team, logistics team and administration team, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports;
- Assist in preparing cash and bank reconciliation for field office and send it to head office every month;
- Assist accountant in preparing and coordinating cash forecasts, forwarding the payroll statistics every month, ensuring that advances are liquidated appropriately and filing all outstanding personnel advances and charges related thereof;
- Participate in weekly and monthly cash counts;
- Other duties assigned by Finance Manager.
- A student studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions or Accounting Students with support letters from their learning institutions looking for attachment posts.