Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zambia
Finance & Operations Director – Zambia
CNFA is currently seeking a Finance and Operations Director to support its Zambia Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced proposal. The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The Finance and Operations Director will support financial and administrative oversight to the anticipated five-year project to increase the profitability for agricultural SMEs by addressing their key investment constraints on access to finance, limited business management skills and technology, and access to markets, thereby increasing SMEs productivity and ability to create new jobs. CNFA is a global leader and has 35 years of experience building strong and stable agricultural value chains.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sound financial and administrative oversight to the project;
- Supervise finance and administrative teams, including accounting, procurement, and other administrative functions, as assigned;
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports in coordination with senior project staff;
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with all USAID and CNFA policies and procedures;
- Create, maintain, and implement financial reporting, tracking systems, and controlling procedures;
- Oversee processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 8 years of working experience including managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects required;
- At least 5 years managing and supervising financial, administration and procurement staff required;
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and a good knowledge of Federal and USAID Regulations required;
- Fluency in English required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.