Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Food Security Technical Coordinator – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
CNFA considers food security as an essential component of long-term, stable growth. The Food Security Technical Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating food security technical initiatives and best practices throughout all levels of implementation. Responsibilities will include: strategic leadership of food security implementation; comprehensive integration of technical interventions both internally as well as externally with other stakeholders; and identification of key agricultural research and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in integrated, multi-sectoral programming; West Africa experience strongly preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of food security technical areas, including both theoretical and applied knowledge, is required;
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Master’s Degree in agriculture, international development, or other relevant area is required, a PhD is preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages is preferred.
**Local nationals are encouraged to apply