Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zimbabwe
Food Security Technical Coordinator – Zimbabwe
CNFA is currently seeking a Food Security Technical Coordinator to support its Development Food Security Activity in Zimbabwe. The position will be based in Zimbabwe. The Food Security Technical Coordinator will support coordinating food security technical initiatives and best practices throughout all levels of implementation. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has 15 years of experience in Zimbabwe agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic leadership of food security implementation;
- Ensure that all technical sectors work together to create multiplier effects across and between sectors;
- Ensure overall quality of technical implementation;
- Ensure that overall technical implementation quality remains consistent and of high quality among all of the sub-awardees and implementation locations in the award;
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors in the program;
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, sequenced, and layered at all levels of the program;
- Work collaboratively with monitoring, evaluation, and learning team to ensure that learnings are being properly fed into and utilized by technical field staff;
- Work collaboratively with Community Visioning (CV) Lead to lead any necessary adaptation to the technical approach of activities in order to address challenges articulated by participants in their journey to realize development aspirations;
- Work closely with the CV Lead to ensure that implementation meets the needs of people in targeted communities and aligns with participant aspirations;
- Work closely with the M&E Lead and the CLA Lead to ensure that M&E and learning feedback loops are properly fed into and utilized by the technical field staff.
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of (5) five years relevant experience with experience in integrated, multi-sectoral programming experience in Zimbabwe strongly preferred. (Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or a related field, plus (6) six years of relevant experience is required); or
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of (7) seven years of relevant experience is required (Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, nutrition, international development, or other relevant area is required;
- Highly experienced in a broad spectrum of food security technical focus areas, including both theoretical and applied knowledge is required;
- Experience with international donor projects in agriculture development, food security, or health and nutrition required, experience with USAID and Food for Peace preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in developing—and ensuring quality control over—technically rigorous food security activity integration and collaboration;
- Strong English skills are required, understanding of local languages preferred.
Zimbabwean nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.