Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Rwanda Feed the Future Orora Wihaze- Increased Protein for Dietary Diversity Activity will sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) to improve the dietary diversity scores of women of reproductive age (15-49 years), especially pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and children between the age of 6-23 months (CU2) in poor rural households. The target value chains for the activity are poultry, egg, pig, goat and fish.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants fora Gender Officer. Women and Rwandan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of gender issues in Rwanda and extensive experience in gender mainstreaming in agriculture and / or rural development.
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- BS/BA in related field, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and French are required; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.