Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Gender Lead – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking a Gender Lead to support its Development Food Security Activity in Malawi. The position will be based in Malawi. The Gender Lead will lead gender integration through the entire five-year award program across all program activities, and will be responsible for coordination of best practices across all levels of the program. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 15 years of experience in Malawian agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to baseline gender audit and gender-transformative programming;
- Facilitation of national and regional workshops;
- Capacity building for program staff and partners to increase the integration of gender-sensitive activities;
- Review of key program materials for gender sensitivity and equity factors;
- Continuous analysis of contextual and socio-cultural factors in gender equity in program activities
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical areas, such as gender, women’s studies, agricultural economics, or international development, is required, a Master’s degree is preferred;
- Five (5) years of experience in gender-sensitive and gender-transformative field programming at the community level is required, experience conducting such programming in Southern Africa is strongly preferred;
- Two (2) years of experience in the field-level management of development projects is required;
- Strong understanding of socio-cultural factors within the food security context is required;
- Demonstrated experience in participatory data collection and gender-focused monitoring and evaluations;
- Experience building the capacity of stakeholders and program staff to facilitate gender-sensitive programming is required;
- Knowledge of agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security programming is preferred;
- International donor experience required, USAID, particularly Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Strong oral and written English skills required, knowledge of local languages preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.