Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Uganda
Government Engagement Advisor – Uganda
CNFA is currently seeking a Government Engagement Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Inclusive Agricultural Market Activity in Uganda. The Government Engagement Advisor will lead project interventions focused on improving leadership and accountability in the public and private sectors at the sub-national level to enhance agricultural market activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support, oversight, and monitoring of strategies to strengthen leadership and accountability in the public and private sector;
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement capacity building programs in leadership, management, policy, strategic planning, advocacy, coordination, and partnerships;
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relationships with a broad range of public and private sector stakeholders;
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all relevant program deliverables and reporting; and
- Actively participate in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
- Liaising with the Government of Uganda and key stakeholders to make sure key entry points are easily accessible
- Work closely with government officials to support the overall strategy and program objectives
- Close collaboration with the COP to directly engage with ministries and government intuitions for GoU buyin.
- Master’s degree in public policy and administration, community development, international development, or related field required;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working on US Government-funded projects, particularly in Uganda or East Africa;
- Strong written and verbal English skills required;