Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Government Resilience Coordinator – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking a Government Resilience Coordinator to support its Development Food Security Activity in Malawi. The position will be based in Malawi. The Government Resilience Coordinator will support policy implementation and government and donor coordination of resilience activities. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has fifteen years of experience in Malawi agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement donor coordination strategy for resilience activities;
- Transfer learning from the Development Food Security Activity to the Government of Malawi and donor community; and
- Support policy implementation, particularly the National Resilience Strategy, at the national level.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with government strategy formulation and coordination;
- Master’s degree in economics, natural resource management, community development, public or business administration, international relations, political science or relevant field required;
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Government of Malawi, including strong knowledge of government processes;
- Experience working with different government ministries on climate variability and disasters risk management, community land rights, management, conservation, and development;
- Knowledge of policies on food security, disaster mitigation, agriculture development, and poverty reduction preferred; and
- English ability required, knowledge of local languages preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.