Team: Programs | Commitment: Full-time | Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Under the supervision of the Grants Manager, the Grants Officer will ensure compliance with CNFA’s Grants Manual and all USAID rules and regulations governing grant processes. S/he will be responsible for supporting overall grant management and implementation; aid grantees in the grant application process; and receive and review new applications.
- Support the overall grant management for the Hinga Weze program;
- Maintaining a database of all program grants and their duration, and monitor timely submission of periodic and final reports;
- Coordinate with the MEL Unit to ensure data (contributing to indicators) for donor reporting is readily available;
- Maintain close collaboration with the program teams on all aspects related to grants including management and compliance;
- Support systems to manage and track sub grantees including providing guidance on grantee applications and development of Letters of Awards (LOA’s);
- Build the capacity of grantees on USAID grant policies, grants development, and business management;
- Ensure full compliance with contract obligations (LOA’s) as signed by grantees;
- Undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by the Grants Manager that enhance Hinga Weze’s mission and objectives.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study;
- At least 5 years of experience in grants implementation, management of grantees, accounting, project accounting, or finance;
- Fluent speaker of French and Kinyarwanda; and advanced speaker of English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs a plus;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Women and Rwandan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.