Team: Operations and Compliance | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician role is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to technical requests, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem and implements solution.
The candidate must have good technical knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient with customers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical support in which technical support includes but is not limited to remote support of laptops, desktops, printers, phone, mobile devices, LAN/WAN and email.
- Identify, research and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Guide customers through the problem-solving process.
- Record technical problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer with both the status and any additional information concerning their technical matter.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the Senior IT Officer.
- Document technical processes and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain IT inventory.
- Assist with Active Directory and Exchange account creation and auditing.
- Configure and troubleshoot handheld devices and smartphones.
- Escalate direct unresolved issues to the Senior IT Officer.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Hands-on experience with desktop and server operating systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SharePoint in both the on premise and Office 365 environments.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other information technology products.
- Familiarity with writing and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and great interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification or A+ certification desired.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift at least 25 lbs. required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance and stoop required.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.