Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Nigeria
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer
Working under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the ICT Officer will be responsible for managing, maintaining and troubleshooting all network and computer related systems for the project. S/he will integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems, and advise the Director of Finance and Operations on technical specifications for procurement of IT equipment and software.
The USAID/Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5-year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components. First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations. Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and troubleshooting all network and computer related issues;
- Integrating security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Integrating and configuring computer networking for best performance;
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Identifying security gaps and providing relevant solutions in consultation with the Operations manager;
- Testing and evaluating all new technology including Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems e.g. database systems, websites etc.
- In collaboration with M&E Specialist, develop participatory strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Working closely with project managers on technology issues e.g. graphic designing, Geographic Information Systems development, database programmers and multimedia programmers;
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise to Operations Manager on changes or improvements required;
- Facilitation of procurement process to installation and support of all ICT hardware and software;
- Policy implementation for asset management, maintenance of component inventory;
- Provision of IT technical backup support and services required at CNFA and Amalima at large;
- Network administration e.g email domain management and maintenance;
- Interactive training and capacity strengthening on all IT related issues.
- At least five years of relevant, professional experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility, seven years preferred;
- Bachelor’s in information technology or a relevant field required;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience working on USAID or another international donor-funded programs a plus;
- Fluency in English required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.