Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Institutional Strengthening Expert-Kenya LWA
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for an Institutional Strengthening Expert.
- 5+ years of experience in strengthening public and private institutions is required;
- Experience facilitating coordination between multiple stakeholders, national and local governments, and the private sector is required;
- Experience in the design and conduct of organizational capacity needs assessments is required;
- Demonstrated success in the implementation, monitoring, and adaption of institutional strengthening plans, including training programs, tool development, and data management, with noted examples, is required;
- Previous working experience with or at public organizations with existing contact is a plus;
- Experience in event planning and logistics is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a customer oriented approach are required;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.