Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Rwanda
International Consultant – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
The Rwanda Nguriza Nshore activity seeks to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans who are currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity’s goal is to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm businesses that can generate productive off-farm employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty. It will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
The International Consultant will support the capture effort and proposal technical design for the Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Project, including conducting field research, providing technical expertise, and engaging with local partners.
Access to Finance Consultant: Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in firm-level capacity building, entrepreneurship support, agricultural finance, or development finance; experience in private sector work is preferred;
- International donor experience is required, USAID program experience preferred;
- Master’s degree in related field is required, PhD is preferred;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred, regional experience also an asset;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset.