Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Investment Advisor – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience and track record with a private equity fund, institutional investor, sovereign wealth fund, or similar entity, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity investments preferred;
- Strong practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments, preferably in a direct investment context;
- Experience investing in SMEs in the agribusiness sector with a particular focus on secondary businesses involved in the agribusiness supply chain (i.e. warehousing, transport/logistics, input suppliers, etc.);
- Experience investing in Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly Rwanda;
- Strong understanding of and experience in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis;
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate (including being resourceful in identifying potential investment opportunities) and bring deals to completion;
- Sound business judgment, problem solving, commercial instincts, and energetic team-oriented attitude.
**Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.