Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Fall/Spring Term: Immediate – May 31, 2017.
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $11.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Executive Assistant, the IT Intern assists the Executive team and the entire HQ staff with various PC user support tasks including working with a help desk ticket system, diagnosing and repairing equipment and system issues, and working with servers and networks.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Perform IT support around the office, with support from our Sr. IT Leadership;
- Assist the HQ staff with tasks such as setting up for meetings, ensuring the conference rooms are technically prepared for meetings, filing, scanning, shredding and other miscellaneous jobs;
- Help upgrade all HQ computers to Windows 10;
- Assist with resolving, diagnosing and repairing day to day PC issues;
- Participate in planning and executing network and system upgrades, enhancements and growth;
- Learn about and assist with maintaining server and network security;
- Research and recommend equipment and applications for deployment;
- Monitor and replace printer toner; call printer technician as needed;
- Provide administrative support to other managers as needed;
- Provide SharePoint enhancements and maintenance;
- Update processes and procedures for various tasks;
- Undertake occasional trips for office supplies or other errands as necessary;
- Assist other departments in areas of interest as time allows;
- Coordinate onboarding process for new hires; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM;
- Demonstrated professional attitude, capable of learning on the job and providing our corporate office with IT support;
- Ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of SharePoint, CRM, Skype for Business, One Drive for Business and Office 365 preferred;
- Knowledge of PC, laptop hardware support including Mac OS;
- Excellent customer service and organization skills;
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, manage deadlines, and pay attention to detail Extreme attention to detail;
- Major in Computer Science, Information Technology, Security or related field; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
All internship applicants should submit their CV, Cover Letter and 3 Professional References.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.