Team: Operations and Compliance | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
IT Officer/Sr. IT Officer
CNFA is currently seeking an IT Officer/Sr. IT Officer who will be responsible to lead efforts to keep our home office and field offices at the forefront of technology, data security and minimize the downtime of critical systems. The successful candidate will design, implement and update IT policies and practices and maintain hardware and software, as well as act as the main point of contact and liaison for CNFA’s external IT vendors.
This position is located in Washington, D.C. at the CNFA Home Office and reports to the Senior Director, Global Human Resources & Administration. This position will be filled at the appropriate level dependent on the selected candidate’s background, education and skill set.
General Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible for a wide range of IT-related functions, including but not limited to
- Managing the relationships with external IT vendors;
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware, operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, applications, and supporting peripherals;
- Installing new hardware, operating systems, and other software for end users;
- Ensuring the availability of enterprise computing environments through daily, preventive and remedial maintenance, and implementation of upgrades and patches;
- Ensuring CNFA’s network environment is functioning prior to start of the normal 8:00am work day;
- Proactively monitoring hardware health and immediately works to resolves issues as they arise;
- Responsible for office IT troubleshooting and support; monitoring and analyzing logs;
- Responsible for IT asset management and inventory of IT assets;
- Creating, maintaining, and updating technical documentation, physical and logical network diagrams, policies, procedures, user guides, status reports, and other documents;
- Providing routine checks of servers/applications;
- Providing system administration on Windows Server and MS Exchange systems;
- Overseeing system recovery mechanisms and data backup best-practices;
- Overseeing debugging, problem solving, and troubleshooting;
- Overseeing maintenance of network hardware including switches;
- Selecting and procuring adequate hardware/software required to support day-to-day operations;
- Developing, implement, and coordinate activities to ensure, protect, and restore in systems, services, and capabilities;
- Developing guidelines and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility;
- Conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews;
- Providing advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures;
- Evaluating and recommending the acquisition, implementation, and dissemination of IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets;
- Providing programming and data management of complex systems;
- Providing advanced programming support;
- Ensuring the integration of security policies, principles and practices in the delivery of data management services;
- Planning, constructing and maintaining databases for data storage, manipulation, and retrieval;
- Designing, maintaining, updating, analyzing and monitoring data integrity of computer databases;
- Managing, administering, and ensuring security, maintenance and operations of database systems;
- Overseeing the help desk support activities and supervise the IT Intern; and
- Performing a variety of other related duties as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Information Systems) required; a Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience supporting a global IT platform is required.
- Extensive experience in the effective execution of complex IT projects; in managing and mitigating risks, assessing IT and security requirements, identifying dependencies, and developing responsive project plans;
- Demonstrated ability to create SQL statements and analyze databases through the use of both SQL and a data dictionary;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex information in a clear, concise manner;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team or collaborative environment;
- Expert IT and security skills; demonstrated ability to identify and manage relevant security requirements for secure implementation of a global platform;
- System administration experience a plus;
- Applications development experience a plus; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products, Microsoft Windows, Windows networking components including Exchange, AD, file and print services, and VPN.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Windows, MS 365 products and SQL Server required;
- MS Certified Professional preferred;
- A high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Normal work schedule 7:30AM – 4:30PM; and
- US Work Authorization Required.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.