Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Global
Lead Technical Writer – Senegal
This position will serve as the technical writer to provide major proposal development support on the upcoming USAID/Senegal Agricultural Value Chain Services project. The successful candidate will take a lead role in the preparation of the technical proposal and should demonstrate mastery of both English and French.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead proposal teams in the development of strategic technical approaches and activities, and write the technical proposal by incorporating oral and written inputs from technical experts and responding to comments provided from reviewers;
- Draft original content as needed, ensuring all drafts are complete and within page limits in advance of reviews;
- Support proposal teams in writing other sections of the proposal, developing graphics and text boxes, and reviewing all proposal sections for consistency and compliance;
- Align with CNFA best practices for developing proposal outlines, strategies, and approaches, and adhere to CNFA outline and other templates and tools;
- Participate in the selection of best candidates for key personnel positions, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of proposal writing experience, including for USAID solicitations, is required; expertise in agricultural value chains or other relevant technical areas is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, journalism, or a related field is required;
- Familiarity with USAID regulations for proposal compliance is required;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills is required;
- Experience devising concepts for graphic designs and text boxes is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints is required;
- Excellent written and oral abilities in French is required;
- Ability to travel to both Washington, DC and Senegal is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.