Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: United States
Lead Technical Writer
This position is a senior level position within CNFA’s Program Development department. The incumbent will take a leading role in the development of new business opportunities and preparation of technical proposals. Technical qualifications and program experience in agricultural development highly preferred.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Developing strategy, technical approach, and proposed results for specific proposals; this will include engaging with other CNFA technical experts as needed to draw on as much relevant knowledge and experience as possible to put together a winning offer;
- Serving as lead technical writer on CNFA proposals;
- Participating in the selection of best candidates for key personnel positions as needed, to align with technical requirements of the project;
- Participating in the identification and selection of partners for specific proposals;
- Mentoring CNFA staff in best practices for developing proposal strategy, approach, and writing clearly;
- Traveling to the field as needed to research and prepare proposals 20 – 25 percent of time (this is an illustrative percentage; the position may require less or more travel depending on CNFA’s needs)
- Representing CNFA at meetings and conferences to raise its profile with clients and partners;
- Working closely with the VP for Program Development to ensure proposal development practices and procedures are effective and efficient; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a field related to agriculture, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in international development;
- Successful track record leading and authoring proposals;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent communication skills; superior writing skills a must;
- Strong management skills; prior personnel supervisory skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Ability to travel internationally; and
- Current US Work authorization.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S.
CNFA does not sponsor work visas.