Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Lead Technical Writer
This position is a senior level position within CNFA’s Program Development department. The incumbent will take a leading role in the development of new business opportunities and preparation of technical proposals. Technical qualifications and program experience in agricultural development highly preferred.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Lead proposal teams in the development of strategic technical approaches and activites, and write the technical proposal, incorporating oral and written inputs from technical experts and responding to comments provided from reviewers;
- Draft original content as needed, ensuring all drafts are complete and within page limits in advance of reviews;
- Support proposal teams in writing other sections of the proposal, developing graphics and text boxes, and reviewing all proposal sections for consistency and compliance;
- Align with CNFA best practices for developing proposal outlines, strategies, and approaches, and adhere to CNFA outline and other templates and tools;
- Participate in the selection of best candidates for key personnel positions;
- Participate in the identification and selection of partners for assigned proposals;
- Travel to the field to research and prepare proposals 20 – 25 percent of time (this is an illustrative percentage; the position may require less or more travel depending on CNFA’s needs)
- Represent CNFA at meetings and conferences to raise its profile with clients and partners; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least eight years of proposal writing experience, including for USAID solicitations, required; expertise in agricultural value chains or other relevant technical areas preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, journalism, or a related field required;
- Familiarity with USAID regulations for proposal compliance required;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required;
- Experience devising concepts for graphic designs and text boxes strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in teams;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Ability to travel internationally; and
- Current US Work authorization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.