Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Global
Lead Writer for Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) and Eastern Europe USDA Food for Progress (FFPr) FY 2018 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
CNFA is a not-for-profit agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, DC and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders to increase household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record implementing agricultural development programs in 45 countries.
CNFA is seeking the services of a lead writer for a short- to medium-term assignment to support the development of a proposal for the FY 2018 United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) funding opportunity. The selected consultant will work closely with CNFA staff and will be responsible for conducting research and for drafting, editing, and reviewing proposal technical sections from pre-solicitation through submission. CNFA anticipates the position to start immediately and continue through January 2018. The selected consultant will be required to travel to MENA and/or Eastern Europe on a mutually agreed timeline for this opportunity.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Conduct background review to learn the context and donor priorities in the target technical area.
- Support the proposal team with the development of the strategic approach, including results framework, preliminary objectives, guiding principles, and preliminary activities.
- Responsible for writing the technical application including the introduction summary, and strategic analysis.
- Support the team in writing other sections of the proposal, as required.
- Conduct the capture trip as agreed with the team.
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural value chains, market systems, trade, and exports required, some of which must include MENA and Eastern Europe.
- 8+ years of proposal writing and/or project management experience in the international development field required; USDA experience strongly preferred.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of USDA regulations, especially for compliance on the proposal writing required.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of the USDA M&E structure and indicators required.
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred.
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs strongly preferred.