Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Global
Lead Writer for USAID Development Food Aid Program (DFAP) FY 2018 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) – West Africa
CNFA is seeking the services of a lead writer for a short- to medium-term assignment to support the development of a proposal for the FY 2018 Food for Peace funding opportunity. The selected consultant will work closely with CNFA staff and will be responsible for conducting research and for drafting, editing, and reviewing proposal technical sections from pre-solicitation through submission. CNFA anticipates the position to start immediately and continue through May 2018. The selected consultant will be required to travel to West Africa on a mutually agreed timeline for this opportunity.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Support the proposal team with the development of the strategic approach, including results framework, preliminary objectives, guiding principles, and preliminary activities.
- Responsible for writing the technical application including the introduction summary, strategic analysis, and reviewing or ensuring integration of other sections.
- Conduct a capture trip.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural development, maternal and child health and nutrition, and resiliency required
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 5 years of proposal writing experience and providing technical oversight and leadership on development projects required; experience with Food for Peace and USAID strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Food for Peace conceptual and results framework and indicators, and experience developing a milestone plan required;
- Experience leading the early stages of proposal design and provision of the technical “roadmap” required; experience leading or participating in theory of change workshops preferred;
- Strong proposal writing and editing skills required;
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills required;
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred.
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs strongly preferred.