Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Washington DC
Lead Writer for USAID Tajikistan Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity (TACA)
CNFA is seeking the services of a lead writer for a short-term assignment to support the development of a proposal for the Tajikistan Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity opportunity. The consultant will conduct research and draft technical proposal sections from pre-solicitation through submission. The position will start immediately and continue through February 2018. The selected consultant will be required to travel to Tajikistan on a mutually agreed timeline for this opportunity.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Conduct background review to learn the context and donor priorities in the target technical area;
- Support the proposal team with the development and design of a draft strategic approach, including results framework, preliminary objectives, guiding principles, and preliminary activities;
- In close collaboration with the team write the technical proposal which includes the introduction summary, strategic analysis, approach and methodology, activities, and other sections;
- Conduct the capture trip as agreed with by the team.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required;
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural value chains, market systems, trade, and exports required, some of which preferably includes Tajikistan or the Central Asia region;
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of five years of proposal writing experience and providing technical oversight and leadership on development projects required; experience with USAID contracts preferred;
- Experience leading the early stages of proposal design and provision of the technical “roadmap” required;
- Strong writing and editing skills required;
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills required;
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred;
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs strongly preferred.