Team: CNFA Europe | Commitment: Career | Location: Tanzania
Legal Expert, Consulting Services for Fund Manager, SAGCOT Investment Project – Tanzania
CNFA is seeking a Legal Expert for the Consulting Services of Fund Manager activity under the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) project. SAGCOT Catalytic Trust Fund (CTF) has received funding from the World Bank (WB) for stimulating business linkages between stallholder farmers and value chain buyers operating in Tanzania through Matching Grants. SAGCOT-CTF has been established as a public-private partnership to stimulate responsible and sustainable commercial development in the Southern Corridor of Tanzania and ensure clear benefits for smallholder farmers and their communities while improving food security, environmental sustainability and increased incomes.
- Postgraduate degree in Law;
- Proven comparable law firm experience;
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws);
- Knowledge of legal system of Tanzania strongly preferred;
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills;
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail;
- Current license to practice law in Tanzania;
- English fluency required, knowledge of Swahili strongly preferred.
Women and Tanzanian national professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission is November 17, 2017.