Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Livestock Input Supply Expert-Kenya LWA
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Livestock Input Supply Expert.
- 5+ years of experience in the Kenyan livestock industry, including cattle, sheep, goats, and camels is required;
- Demonstrated success in strengthening livestock input supply chains, including support to producer organizations and veterinary service providers is required;
- Experience developing commercial relationships among livestock input suppliers and livestock-related businesses is required;
- Experience designing, implementing, monitoring, and adapting projects to improve herd management, livestock market infrastructure, quality standards, and veterinary service provision is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Experience in the inclusion of women and youth in the livestock value chain is preferred;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.