Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Livestock Policy Expert-Kenya LWA
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Livestock Policy Expert.
- 5+ years of experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and adaption of livestock policies, regulatory reforms, and/or frameworks in Northern Kenya;
- Experience strengthening public-private sector relationships in the Kenyan livestock sector is required;
- 2+ years of experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the inclusion of youth and women into livestock value chains is strongly preferred;
- Experience with the East African livestock import/export market is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience working with or at Kenya’s public institutions is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Kenyan institutions involved in livestock and livestock investment is preferred;
- Familiarity with livestock insurance mechanisms is preferred;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.