Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Local and Regional Commodity Procurement Manager.– Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
The Commodity Manager will lead and manage commodity management activities including planning, importation, warehousing, distribution, and monitoring and reporting of commodity management activities. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for overseeing commodity management and distribution processes, ensuring that US Government commodity management policies, rules, and regulations are followed.
- 5+ years of experience in commodity management programming; experience implementing USAID Title II food distribution programs preferred;
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID regulations 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 211 preferred;
- Experience supervision and training staff in commodity management programming
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics management, agriculture, international development, or other relevant area is required; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Strong French and English ability is required, understanding of local languages is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.