Team: New Business | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Uganda
Local Consultant (Facilitator) – FtF Uganda
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity in Uganda. The purpose of this Activity is to increase incomes and improve livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity will increase the institutional capacity of Government institutions, the private sector, and civil society organizations, and will create incentives for agribusinesses to invest in the market system and be more responsive to changes in it.
The Local Facilitator will support field research for ongoing capture efforts and technical design. He/she will set up meetings with local organizations/partners/agencies/experts according to project needs (including translation if necessary), identify and recommend candidates for proposed positions, and provide logistical support as needed to the CNFA proposal team. The Local Facilitator may also be required to provide technical design support and local context information.
- Significant experience managing logistics and administrative tasks and facilitating business relationships in Uganda;
- Significant network of Government entities, private sector organizations and civil society is required;
- Familiarity with the agribusiness and political climate in Uganda;
- Strong research experience and demonstrated ability to capture and articulate in writing salient points from business meetings;
- Expertise in at least one technical sub-sector of agriculture is required.