Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Uganda
Market Systems Advisor – FtF Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity
CNFA is currently seeking applications for a Market Systems Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FtF) Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity in Uganda. The Market Systems Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership and capacity building to ensure that the Activity team has adequate capability to facilitate improvements and changes in the market system and provide regular coaching that enhances strategic collaboration and effectively facilitates behavior change among market actors. S/he will primarily responsible for ensuring that the contractor is consistently applying a market systems facilitation approach to achieve the Activity objectives. H/She will provide technical leadership for the team to stay abreast of market trends/changes and risks, including climate change associated risks, and ensure that the contractor is adapting interventions to respond to such trends/changes and risks.
- A Master’s degree in agricultural economics, business, or related studies with specialized study in market systems development or relevant field OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 5 years of experience in economic development or similar programming.
- At least five (5) years (10 years for holders of a Bachelor’s degree) of experience in economic development/ competitiveness program design and implementation involving projects/ programs of similar size and complexity using a market systems facilitation approach.
- At least five (5) years of expert-level experience in analyzing agricultural market systems (identifying opportunities and challenges) and designing and implementing strategies/ interventions that apply globally recognized approaches and tools, including partnering with the private sector, to facilitate inclusive and sustainable market systems improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining effective working relationships that foster collaborative learning.
- At least five years of experience working in related fields in Africa, preferably in East Africa..
Women and Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.