Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Market Systems Governance Advisor – Kenya LWA
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Market Systems Governance Advisor.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 7+ years of experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and adaption of livestock and other market policies in Northern Kenya;
- Experience strengthening public-private sector relationships in Kenya is required;
- Experience in developing county-level systems for improved market governance is required;
- Experience strengthening the institutional capacity of government entities to develop and implement pro-growth policy and regulatory frameworks;
- Demonstrated success supporting local governments to attract investment in the agriculture sector;
- 2+ years of experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the inclusion of youth and women into value chains is strongly preferred;
- Experience with the East African livestock import/export market is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Kenyan institutions involved in livestock and livestock investment is preferred;
- Familiarity with livestock insurance mechanisms is preferred;
- Master’s degree is required;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.