Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Egypt
The Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) Project (herein “the Project”) is a five year, $23 million USAID funded program implemented by CNFA in Egypt. Founded in 1985, CNFA is a Washington, D.C.-based, international development organization dedicated to stimulating economic growth around the world by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages in the agricultural development sector. The goal of FAS is to increase agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt. The program will achieve this goal by implementing a market-driven approach that facilitates sustainable, pro-poor value chain development and helps smallholders increase access to domestic and export markets. The market-driven approach will be supported by four interrelated components: 1) improved on-farm production, 2) more efficient post-harvest processes, 3) improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and 4) improved nutritional status, especially for women and children.
The Marketing Officer will be working under the supervision of the Team Leader Marketing and in close collaboration with other members of the HQ of FAS in Aswan governorate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange match making meeting between buyers and producers.
- Review the domestic and International markets’ prices to be sure that the supply price is fair and achieve a reasonable profit margin for the producers in addition to considering the win-win relationship to build trust and sustainable business.
- Participate in the negotiation meetings and provide the 2 parties with standard balanced contracts.
- Coordinate with the service providers to facilitate e-marketing
- Conducting and planning market research activities of Farmer Associations (FAs) / Post Harvest Centers (PHC). Activities include surveys, focus groups, developing price elasticity metrics, conjoint analysis and situational modeling.
- Evaluating the growth of market share and sharing in market studies Supporting cross-functional team by pricing direction, new product launch strategies and product positioning.
- Arranging necessary aids for speaking and attending presentations and giving feedbacks to the speaker.
- Outline workflow processes to increase the efficiency of the marketing organization
- Produce campaign analytics reports as required
- Assisting with the development, writing, and communication of Marketing plans, promotional recaps, creative briefs, project recommendations, and presentations.
- Ensuring that all locally-developed creative marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Developing opportunities to add additional value to other department initiatives including internet Marketing, Direct Marketing, Tradeshow Development, etc.
- Assisting Field offices with managing advertising initiatives and media plans.
- Analyzes Marketing and competitive data and consolidates findings to support local and national Marketing strategy development.
- Providing feedback and best practices to the Field Office Team on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated success supervising and maintaining Marketing plans, programs, and initiatives that are strategic assets to the business and all clients.
- Monitoring all processes and implement improvements to enhance marketing productivity
Skills and Qualifications:
- B. Sc. in Marketing or relevant technical fields, Agriculture is an advantage.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Should be an expert in forwarding thinking, market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in marketing, with successful track record in agricultural products especially in Upper Egypt.
- Ability to write reports, maintain business correspondence
- Daily, weekly & monthly check of marketing achievements.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well through others.
- Ability to motivate.
- Positive response to pressure
- Good Computer skills especially Microsoft Office.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English language.
If interested, please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is October 31, 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. This is an immediate opening and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis