Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Egypt
Background and Purpose:
The Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) program is a five year, $23 million USAID and Feed the Future funded program implemented by CNFA in Egypt. The goal of FAS is to increase agriculture-related incomes of smallholder horticulture farmers in Upper Egypt. The program will achieve this goal by implementing a market driven approach that facilitates sustainable, pro-poor value chain development and helps smallholders increase access to domestic and export markets. The market-driven approach will be supported by four interrelated components: 1) improved on-farm production, 2) more efficient post-harvest processes, 3) improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and 4) improved nutritional status, especially for women and children.
The M&E Manager will ensure the completion of all M&E activities across project components and will supervise coordination of USAID personnel, CNFA personnel, sub-contractors, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations in regards to M&E activity.
CNFA considers monitoring and evaluation to be an essential management support function that facilitates evidence-based program management through rigorous identification, testing, and scaling-up of interventions that maximize impact and cost-effectiveness. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide technical expertise and strategic leadership for all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, with the objective of providing project managers and stakeholders with timely and relevant data and analysis to understand and adapt project performance. The M&E Manager will supervise staff to collect and analyze data and generate quality evidence for assessment and evaluations. Responsibilities will include: strategic leadership of monitoring and evaluation efforts; management of the data quality strategy, including ensuring that quality and reliable data are collected, managed and shared in a timely manner; and coordination with key external stakeholders.
This position will be full-time, based in Egypt with frequent travel to Upper Egypt governorates.
- Development and implementation of processes and methodologies to ensure consistent data collection and management in keeping with MEL Plan, M&E Field Guide, and other M&E related documents;
- Oversee data collection and analysis to assess the impact of project activities on household nutrition, incomes and food security;
- Lead the management of the project participant database, including overseeing data entry, data management, and ensuring data quality
- Lead the evaluation of the cost and benefits of project interventions;
- Track and analyze project indicators and capture best practices and lessons learned to incorporate into project activities
- Present analysis findings to project staff to ensure there on-going learning;
- Train project staff on their responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation;
- Oversee all daily work related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities of the project;
- Produce, edit, and distribute regular project reports and updates to project management, regional management, and HQ;
- Perform other duties as needed
- At least eight plus (8+) years of experience in the integration of M&E into field programming is required,
- Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, nutrition, applied sociology, or a related field is required, a PhD is preferred;
- International donor experience, USAID program experience, and Feed the Future experience are required;
- Experience managing M&E on agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security projects is required;
- Demonstrated expertise in leading M&E of a large award is required;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive M&E plan and routine monitoring systems is required within Feed the Future framework
- Demonstrated experience in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, innovative data sharing, and data visualization is required;
- Expertise in survey design, including development of a probabilistic sampling strategy, estimation of sample size, development of appropriate weights, and analysis of quantitative data, is required;
- Outstanding ability to generate accurate qualitative information and analysis is required;
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Arabic strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.