Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Monitoring and Evaluating Specialist
The M&E Specialist will provide technical guidance and inputs in support of CNFA’s new business initiatives and program portfolio. The M&E Specialist will contribute to proposal development by reviewing solicitations for MEL requirements, designing MEL approaches, and contributing written MEL-related inputs to proposals. The M&E Specialist will support deployment and use of the CNFA MEL Platform to track M&E data across the organization, and will contribute to systematic review of project performance and impact to generate metrics and evidence in support of new program design and CNFA communications. The M&E Specialist will also ensure a high level of data quality across CNFA projects by advising projects on the development and use of robust processes and tools for data collection, analysis and reporting. The M&E Specialist will contribute to project MEL-related deliverables as needed, including development and review of project MEL Plans, data quality assessment, evaluation design and management, performance reports (review of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and results), and will support project-level adaptive management activities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to new business initiatives: Review solicitations for MEL requirements. Work closely with the proposal development team to design robust MEL approaches that are aligned with the technical design and industry best practices. Contribute written MEL-related inputs to proposals (including but not limited to developing strategic frameworks, developing draft MEL Plans, and budgeting MEL resources). Identify relevant past performance, corporate capabilities, and evidence and learning from CNFA projects to inform proposal development using the MEL Platform.
- Facilitate efficient aggregation and management of project information and MEL data across CNFA’s programs portfolio using the CNFA MEL Platform. Provide technical support to staff in the Programs, New Business and Communications departments in using CNFA’s MEL Platform according to their specific needs.
- Contribute to ensuring robust data quality across CNFA projects. Advise projects on development and use of innovative and cost-effective MEL data collection and management processes and tools, and ensure compliance with donor requirements and industry best practices. Support project-level internal data quality assessment. Advise projects on adaptive management and learning activities.
- Provide technical guidance for project-level MEL deliverables during project-startup and implementation, including development and review of MEL Plans, reporting templates, performance and impact reporting (including review of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and analysis), survey design, and evaluation design and deliverables.
- Provide staff training and mentoring in MEL-related processes and tools.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies and techniques for monitoring, evaluation and learning functions for USG-funded international development programs; 5-7 years preferred. Experience in agriculture and/or market systems development highly desirable;
- Familiarity with MEL requirements and current approaches and best practices for USAID Feed the Future and Food for Peace & USDA Food for Progress;
- Experience in program design and proposal development highly desirable;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis;
- Experience training and mentoring diverse audiences in formal and informal settings;
- Ability to work with several teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple, competing tasks to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams and build effective working relationships with colleagues;
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite required. Experience using MEL databases highly desirable. Experience using SPSS or other statistical analysis software preferred;
- Ability to travel internationally; and
- Current US work authorization required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.