Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Monitoring and Evaluation Lead– Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations.
CNFA considers monitoring and evaluation to be an essential management support function that facilitates evidence-based program management through rigorous identification, testing, and scaling-up of interventions that maximize impact and cost-effectiveness. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide technical expertise and strategic leadership for all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, with the objective of providing project managers and stakeholders with timely and relevant data and analysis to understand and adapt project performance. The Senior M&E Specialist will supervise staff to collect and analyze data and generate quality evidence for assessment and evaluations. Responsibilities will include: strategic leadership of monitoring and evaluation efforts; management of the data quality strategy, including ensuring that quality and reliable data are collected, managed and shared in a timely manner; and coordination with key external stakeholders.
- At least eight plus (8+) years of experience in the integration of M&E into field programming is required, experience conducting such programming in Malawi or regionally in East and Southern Africa is strongly preferred;
- Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, nutrition, applied sociology, or a related field is required, a PhD is preferred;
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience, particularly with Food for Peace funding, preferred;
- Knowledge of agricultural, livelihood, and/or food security programming is preferred;
- Demonstrated expertise in leading M&E of a large award is required;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive M&E plan and routine monitoring systems is required, experience with Food for Peace projects is preferred;
- Expertise in designing annual surveys, including development of a probabilistic sampling strategy, estimation of sample size, development of appropriate weights, and analysis of quantitative data, is required;
- Outstanding ability to generate accurate qualitative information and analysis is required;
- Demonstrated experience in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, innovative data sharing, and data visualization is required;
- Strong English ability is required, understanding of local languages is highly desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.