Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainable increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Reporting to the M&E Director, the M&E Manager will support all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities. S/he will be responsible for implementing M&E systems including indicator targeting, tracking and reporting according to USAID and CNFA standards, managing a data collection systems, leading impact assessments and a learning strategy. The M&E Manager will serve in the MEL unit as the intermediary between the M&E Director and Provincial M&E Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation an MEL strategy (per the approved MEL Plan) outlining M&E systems for data collection, targeting and tracking custom and USAID/FTF indicators, knowledge management, impact assessments, learning activities and reporting in compliance with the requirements provided in the Activity contract, USAID regulations and CNFA standards;
- Support the M&E Director in working closely with other technical units in establishing and managing a GIS referencing, cloud-based MEL system and ensure data requirements are integrated into project management processes;
- Provide oversight to Provincial M&E Coordinators and District M&E Officers on data collection and analysis, and to ensure the timely completion of M&E activities;
- Facilitate Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategies to support the use of data and information from the M&E system for real-time decision-making to improve project implementation
- Regularly review monitoring data and help organize periodic learning days and annual learning summits with district staff to help managers identify successes and make decisions about adapting activities and approaches to achieve results.
- Collaborate with the Finance, Operations, and Compliance Unit to help develop a system to track and report cost-related data for each program element to reinforce financial and budgetary strategies and allocations during planning periods;
- Ensure compliance with all USAID, CNFA, and, if/where applicable, host country government reporting requirements;
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by M&E Director and Chief of Party.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on monitoring, evaluation and learning for donor funded projects; USAID experience is highly desirable;
- Master’s degree required in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including statistics, international development, economics or other;
- Experience using monitoring and evaluation systems with USAID-supported indicators, including Feed the Future and nutrition indicators;
- Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Strong communication skills and ability to write clear and concise reports in English;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English required.