Team: Programs | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Niger & Burkina Faso
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
USAID’s Resilience and Economic Growth in the Sahel – Accelerated Growth (REGIS-AG), implemented by CNFA, is a $ 34 million dollar program, focused on strengthening cowpea, small ruminant and poultry value chains in agro-pastoralist and marginal agricultural zones of Niger and Burkina Faso. By transforming value chain relationships and dynamics to increase their inclusiveness as well as their competitiveness, REGIS-AG will increase the incomes of vulnerable households and build the resilience of families and communities to shocks such as drought, conflict and economic crises.
The objective of this assignment is to provide monitoring and evaluation support to the REGIS-AG team during their Data Quality Assessment conducted by SAREL during the month of October 2016. Each year, SAREL – the learning and knowledge management project under the RISE program – conducts DQAs of a few selected indicators from REGIS-AG’s M&E Plan to review for any issues related to data collection, reliability, recording, etc. To support the REGIS-AG project during this exercise and provide technical expertise to the project, a consultant will be recruited and mobilized to Niger and/or Burkina Faso.
The consultant will be required to travel internationally to Niger and Burkina Faso to complete the assignment.
Level of Effort
Up to 30 days, remote and in country
- Review Monitoring and Evaluation material related to REGIS-AG and RISE including but not limited to the M&E plan and annexes, the DQA from FY2016, the Baseline report, etc.
- In coordination with the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party, and the M&E Managers in BF and Niger, review the collection tools, results and database for REGIS-AG indicators selected for the DQA and provide feedback to the team to improve the overall collection and management systems in place for the project.
- Based on the review of the existing materials and meetings with the M&E team, develop recommendations to improve current activities for collection of all indicators and a training for staff and local partners on maintaining proper M&E records.
- Advise and present to REGIS-AG leadership team and M&E staff on recommended improvements and follow up activities if needed..
- Write final report detailing the trip, lessons learned from the training, recommendations to REGIS-AG on next steps
- Review MEL materials for REGIS-AG and RISE
- Mobilize to Niger and Burkina Faso to meet with MEL staff and review existing systems and collection procedures.
- Develop and deliver training(s) to staff on maintaining proper M&E records and data quality.
- Present recommendations and propose follow up activities to REGIS-AG senior leadership and M&E team.
- Write final report including recommendations for REGIS-AG.
We are seeking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Deadline for submission is September 30th.